Dawgs Ditch The Dumpster And Donate
March 14, 2017
Dawgs Ditch the Dumpster and Donate
April 27 – May 6
Residents should look for convenient donation areas at each residence hall from April 27 – May 6 to leave unwanted items. During Dawgs Ditch the Dumpster and Donate, all items left in a donation area will be diverted from the landfill and given to local and regional organizations in need.
Dawgs Ditch is our end of the year move-out donation drive and landfill diversion event. We collect unwanted items from residents and donate those items to local and regional organizations. Last year, we collected and donated more than 73,000 pounds of material (more than 57,000 in 2015). Here is a great video from last year’s event: https://vimeo.com/169130462.
Interested in helping out with this great initiative? All volunteers will be compensated with a free tshirt and a gift card to a local thrift store. Volunteers are absolutely essential to the success of this program and you can participate for 30 minutes or multiple days! If you’re interested in becoming a Dawgs Ditch volunteer, please follow this link to sign up: https://ugeorgia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9yKczT8xZQ24Qip.
Contact Jane Diener at email@example.com
- Goodwill Trailer located off Church St. in the large surface parking lot beside Brumby
- Tent located beside Brumby Hall near the circular parking lot in the bike rack area
- Goodwill Trailer located in the large surface lot by Russell Hall
- Tent located directly in front of the entrance to Russell Hall
- Goodwill Trailer located in the “circle lot” behind Creswell Hall
- Tent located in front of Creswell Hall
- Goodwill Trailer located beside O Housing Dining Hall
Myers, Rutherford, Mary Lyndon
- Goodwill trailer on the Myers Quad basketball court
- Donation station in the lobby
- Goodwill Trailer on Myers Quad
Church, Hill, Boggs, Mell, Lipscomb
- Donation station in the lobby of each residence hall
- Goodwill Trailer in the Legion Pool Parking Lot
Health Sciences Campus
- Donation station in Brown Hall main lobby
Reed, Payne, Morris
- Donation station in main lobby
East Campus Village
- Donation station in Rooker
- Box truck parked out front
Be A Housing Tour Guide
December 01, 2016
We’ve got a job that’s as fun as being an orientation leader but way easier: housing tour guide. Snag a summer job where you can make friends and develop customer service and leadership skills. Tour guide positions are part-time and available to current UGA students.
Find our more here.
First Year, Last Look Video Contest
March 22, 2017
First Year, Last Look Video Contest
It’s March, which means another academic year is coming to a close! We invite our on-campus students to submit a 60 second or less video clip to highlight their favorite memories and wisdom for living in on campus. Details in our rules below. Submit entries by April 14 in order to participate.
OFFICIAL FIRST YEAR, LAST LOOK VIDEO CONTEST RULES 2017
What is the “First Year, Last Look” Video Contest?
We invite our on-campus residents, in particular our first year students, to participate in the “First Year, Last Look” video contest. Residents will film videos that are 60 seconds or less that spotlight their favorite memories of their current residence hall. These videos can be as creative as you’d like, highlighting the best moments and aspects of living on campus as a student. We encourage you to share words of wisdom with our incoming #UGA21 bulldogs.
Entering the Contest
- Only current residents of University Housing are eligible to participate in the contest.
- Both residents of double occupancy rooms must agree to enter the contest but residents in single rooms or single bedrooms within suites, supersuites or apartments may enter individually. No videos of solely common spaces (i.e. living rooms and kitchens) will be considered.
- Only digital images will be accepted. Entry files must be one of the following: MOV. .MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP, WebM. Entrants must submit their video online by uploading entries to UGA Housing’s Google Drive at http://bit.ly/FirstYearLastLook, or entries may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or on DVD or CD-ROM. Please contact email@example.com for information about how to submit a DVD or CD-ROM.
- All rooms must comply with all University Housing decoration and other policies. Any room found in violation of University Housing policy or with evidence of policy violations will be disqualified from consideration. Consult your Community Guide for more information. All entries must be “grandma friendly,” with no obscenities or other offensive content!
All “First Year, Last Look” contest entrants must agree to have their videos released for use in University of Georgia print publications, digital publications, and social media including but not limited to YouTube.
All entries must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2017.
Determining the Winners
Judging of entries will be completed April 15-21 by number of likes for the video on the UGA Housing Youtube page. Final selection of the Grand Prize winner and runner-up will be decided by “likes” on University Housing’s YouTube page. Likes on entrants’ personal accounts will not be recorded. University Housing reserves the right to not post an entry that violates any of the aforementioned rules. Votes will be tallied at 5 p.m. on April 21, 2017 at the winner announced on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Winners will receive a variety of UGA Housing promotional items.