Residents must abide by the visitation designation for their respective residential facility and the policies set forth for overnight guests, host responsibilities and escorting guests. Each traditional hall is designated either visitation 1 or 2. Residents in University Village, McGowan Road, Kenny Road and Gilmore Circle are designated visitation 2.
A guest is defined as any individual who has not executed a contract for the residential space they are visiting. This person is being hosted by the resident of that space.
Residence halls are assigned one of two visitation designations:
• Visitation 1 (restricted): Visitation permitted Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m., and beginning at 10 a.m. Friday through Saturday and ending at 2 a.m. Monday (Sunday night).
• Visitation 2 (24/7): Visitation permitted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Roommate’s rights have priority over guest’s rights. Specific guest regulations are to be determined and mutually agreed upon by the roommates within each room, suite or unit. These regulations can further restrict the current visitation policy, but not broaden. If consensus cannot be met independently, staff will assist in creating a written agreement with the roommates.
Access to residence halls is controlled by a UGA OneCard swipe plus PIN* (Personal Identification Number) system. Other security features include:
- 24-hour desks in each community
- Security guards present in each community
- Residence hall staff members on call after hours and on weekends to assist in case of emergency
- Interior and exterior security cameras
*The housing access PIN is separate from the online PIN needed to register for athletic tickets. For information regarding online PIN for athletic tickets, please contact the Main Ticket Office at 706-542-1231.