SPRING MOVE OUT 2023
Unless you are participating in commencement, you must check out within 24 hours of your last final exam. Exceptions include residents with summer contracts in Payne, Reed, Rooker, Vandiver, Busbee, Health Sciences Campus and University Village. Residents participating in commencement must check out by May 13 at noon; University Village and Health Sciences Campus residents participating in commencement must check out by May 25 at noon.
Schedule a checkout day/time in The Dawg House. Unless you are participating in commencement, you must checkout within 24 hours after your last final exam.
- April 14 at 8 a.m.: Checkout appointment selection begins in The Dawg House
- May 2 at 8 a.m. through May 10 at 10 p.m.: Checkout appointments available
- May 2 at noon: Checkout appointment selection closes. After this time, you must reach out to your residence hall director to sign up for a checkout appointment.
- Checkout – Complete the list below and return your keys to the community desk at your convenience. With this option, you will not meet with a staff member before your departure. A staff member will inspect the room later.
- In-person checkout with an RA– If you prefer an in-person checkout, please email your residence hall director to request an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email of your appointment. You are expected to complete the list below prior to the date and time of your appointment.
Before turning in your keys, you must meet the following move-out expectations:
- Schedule a checkout time in The Dawg House
- Attend a community gathering
- Close and lock all windows
- Close and lock all doors
- Close window blinds
- Remove all trash and recycling from your room
- Return Bulldog Boxes to the dining hall
- Turn off all lights
- Make sure all your perishable food is taken with you or disposed of in the exterior trash
- Clean your room (e.g., pick up items, wipe surfaces down, sweep/vacuum, dust, clean kitchen and clean your bathroom, if applicable)
- Set your thermostat to the lowest cool setting (68-72 degrees, where applicable)
- Remove all items except the furniture that was there upon move in
- Check your mailbox and change your address in The Dawg House
- In-person checkout: Wait for an RA to meet you in your room
- Checkout: Go to the front desk and fill out a checkout envelope. Put your keys in the envelope, seal it and give to the front desk
Any damage found in your room—as well as missing or lost keys—may result in a fee that will be applied to your student account.
Black-Diallo-Miller Hall and Creswell Hall residents
W07 will be reserved for residents moving out of Creswell and Black-Diallo-Miller beginning May 8 at 7 a.m. through May 10. Residents will be allowed to park in W07 an hour prior to their checkout appointment. Residents must show their checkout appointment confirmation email to the staff at the lots in order to be let into the lots.
CONTRACT EXTENSION REQUESTS
To request to move out later than May 10 at 10 p.m. for compelling reasons, complete the form below by April 28, 2023 at 5 p.m. Extension requests are not guaranteed and are considered on a case-by-case basis.
MOVING TO SUMMER SCHOOL HALL
If you are moving to a summer school space, your space will be available May 13 at 2 p.m. If your summer space becomes available earlier, the residence hall director for the building will contact you via email. If you have any questions about your transition, please contact your residence hall director.
DATES AND DEADLINES
May 1: Deadline to cancel the summer portion of the contract in Rooker, Busbee or Vandiver without a fee for graduation, study abroad or another reason listed in the residence hall contract.
May 10 at 10 p.m.: Residence halls close unless residents are participating in commencement.
May 13: Current residents transition to summer spaces in Reed or Payne Hall (if enrolled in May session or extended session only).
May 25: Deadline for University Village and Health Sciences Campus residents participating in commencement to check out.
SPRING BREAK 2023
The following residence halls close for spring break. If you reside in these communities, you must exit the building by noon on March 4, 2023 and may not return until the halls reopen at 8 a.m. March 12, 2023.
- Black-Diallo- Miller Hall
- Boggs Hall
- Brumby Hall
- Building 1516
- Church Hall
- Creswell Hall
- Hill Hall
- Lipscomb Hall
- Mary Lyndon Hall
- Mell Hall
- Morris Hall
- Myers Hall
- Oglethorpe House
- Russell Hall
- Rutherford Hall
- Soule Hall
Brown, Busbee, McWhorter, Payne, Reed, Rooker and Vandiver halls, as well as University Village and the Health Sciences Campus remain open for spring break. Residents in these communities may remain if they choose to do so; however—if you leave for the break—you should follow the instructions below.
If you leave, complete the following tasks:
- Pack all essential items (medication, passport, fish, necessary electronics, chargers, etc.)
- Take your UGACard (you will need this when you return)
- Clean room/apartment as best as possible
- Take all trash to the dumpster
- Close and lock all windows and lower the blinds
- Remove all perishables from the refrigerator and the room
- Unplug everything except for your refrigerator
- Put the thermostat on heat at 68 degrees or lowest setting
- Turn off all lights
- Lock your door(s)
Please note that University Housing staff will enter every room to conduct a quarterly health and safety inspection and to ensure you have followed the steps listed above. Failure to complete items on the checklist may result in a fee charged to your student account.