SPRING MOVE OUT: Residence halls close May 12 at noon.
All residents not participating in commencement must check out by May 12 at noon or 24 hours after their last final, whichever is earlier. Exceptions include residents with summer contracts in Oglethorpe House, Rooker, McWhorter, Vandiver, Health Sciences Campus and University Village. Residents participating in commencement must check out by May 14 at noon.
All residents must schedule a checkout time in The Dawg House. Checkout appointments are available May 4 at 8 a.m.-May 14 at noon. You have two options for their checkout process; these options are detailed below:
Express checkout – If you select this option, you will designate a date and time you would like to vacate your space and complete the move-out expectations listed below before turning in your keys to the front desk of your community.
RA checkout – If you select this option, you will designate a date and time that you would like to meet an RA in your space. The RA will walk the space to assess damages and ensure that move-out expectations are met.
Prior to completing the checkout option you selected in The Dawg House, please ensure your personal items are removed from your space and trash is taken out. Damage charges to resident spaces will be assessed once all student rooms are vacated.
MOVE-OUT EXPECTATIONS BEFORE LEAVING
- Schedule a checkout time in The Dawg House
- Attend a community meeting
- Close and lock all windows
- Close and lock all doors
- Close window blinds
- Remove all trash and recycling from your room
- Turn off all lights
- Make sure all your perishable food is taken with you or disposed of in the exterior trash
- Clean your room to discourage pests (e.g., pick up items, wipe surfaces down, sweep/vacuum, dust, clean kitchen, and clean your bathroom if applicable)
- Set your thermostat to the lowest setting (68-72 degrees, where applicable)
- Remove all items except the furniture that was there upon move in
- Check your mailbox and change your address in The Dawg House
- RA checkout: Wait for an RA to meet you in your room
- Express checkout: Go to the front desk and fill out an express checkout envelope. Put your keys in the envelope, seal it and give to the front desk
The deadline for contract extension requests was April 15, 2022.
DAWGS DITCH THE DUMPSTER
Dawgs Ditch the Dumpster is an annual landfill diversion initiative and student volunteer opportunity that reflects housing’s commitments to sustainability and student leadership. The program allows residents to donate unwanted items that may otherwise end up in a landfill.
DATES AND DEADLINES
May 1: Deadline to cancel the summer portion of the contract in Busbee, McWhorter or Vandiver without a fee for graduation, study abroad or another reason listed in the residence hall contract.
May 12 at noon: Residence halls close at 12 p.m. unless residents are participating in commencement.
May 14: Current residents transition to summer spaces in Oglethorpe House (if enrolled in May session or extended session only).
May 14: Deadline for residents participating in commencement to check out.