Help us design the door decorations for student doors in every residence hall across campus.
SPRING 2022 DOOR DECORATION STUDENT CONTEST
Our best ideas and inspirations always come from students, and now we’re asking you to help us design the spring 2022 door decorations that will go on student doors in every residence hall across campus!
Submit your design to the committee, who will vote on the top eight before sending them to Instagram for a playoff. Designs will compete head-to-head until we have a winner, as determined by votes.
Read the rules below and submit your design by Nov. 21!
- Entries accepted: Oct. 25- Nov. 21
- First-round judging decision: Nov. 29
- Voting takes place on the @UGAHousing Instagram story
- Nov. 30: Quarterfinal (8 entries)
- Dec. 1: Semifinals (4 entries)
- Dec. 2: Finals (2 entries)
- Entries will be accepted between 12 a.m. (EST) Oct. 25 and 11:59 p.m. (EST) Nov. 21, 2021 through the form below
- Only current residents of University Housing are eligible to participate in the contest
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram
- Only digital images will be accepted. Allowed file types include PDF, png and jpg. Dimensions must be 6 x 6 inches at 300 dpi with a file size no larger than 10MB
- Designs using copyrighted or trademarked slogans or designs must be approved by the university trademark office. You can find more information on the University of Georgia’s trademark rules at brand.uga.edu
- Students responsible for the top eight designs (see “Determining the winner” section) must complete the UGA Asset License and Release Agreement, which gives University Housing the right to reproduce their submission
Determining the winner
- First-round judging of entries for all categories will be completed Nov. 29 by a panel of University Housing employees and Residence Hall Association executive board members, who will select the top eight entries overall based on numerical scores in the following areas: use of color, creativity, connection to living on campus and UGA spirit
- The top eight designs will compete in a bracket posted on the UGA Housing Instagram story Nov. 30-Dec. 3. Students with the top eight designs will receive prizes of de minimis value as determined by University Housing
- Voting will occur on the UGA Housing Instagram story on Nov. 30 (quarterfinals) -Dec. 3 (finals), with the winning designs determined by the greatest number of votes
- The final winning design will be used as the spring 2021 door decorations throughout University Housing