Register For Housing

Welcome to University Housing! Apply for on-campus housing in The Dawg House. Also, choose from the menu on the right to learn more about different types of housing available on campus.

The University of Georgia arch.

First-year and returning students with families click the Transfer and Graduate Students link for more information about family housing options. View dates and deadlines for more details on the overall process.

Want to change your room assignment? Room change requests may be considered before or after you move in!

Frequently Asked Questions

When should I register to live on campus?
Undergraduate students should register as soon as possible on The Dawg House after being accepted to the University of Georgia. Graduate students should register on The Dawg House as soon as your application to the University of Georgia is completed. Preferences are awarded based on date and time of registration, so the sooner you register, the better your chances of getting the assignment you want. Priority for roommate pairs are based on the earliest date and time registered. More specific information is located in the New Student Assignment Policies section.  Check the calendar for important dates and deadlines as they approach.

How are students notified of a housing assignment?
Emails will be sent to the UGA email address of the student when an assignment is made.  See New Student Assignments Policies in the Resources section for more information.

How can I apply for a private room?
A very limited number of single rooms are available within the traditional residence halls. Residents may request one of these rooms in The Dawg House through the room change request process beginning the first day of classes, with all requests processed in the order in which they have been received. Additionally, private bedrooms are available in our East Campus Village (ECV) Community apartments in Busbee Hall, McWhorter Hall, Rooker Hall and Vandiver Hall. ECV apartment spaces are primarily reserved for non-first-year residents. First-year students should expect to be assigned a roommate. 

How can I keep the same room for the following school year?
A large percentage of spaces are reserved for incoming first-year students, so availability is limited and most students should expect a different assignment for the next year. Information about returning room sign-up will be provided in December for the residence halls and for Family and Graduate Housing and townhomes at the Health Sciences Campus. During the spring term, residents are given the opportunity to sign up for a room on campus for the following fall term.

Assignments Process For New Students

For comprehensive assignments policies, please refer to our New Students Assignments Policies page.

  • A $35 non-refundable registration fee is required with each registration. There is no fee for summer semester registrations.
  • All hall and roommate requests are prioritized by the date in which the $35 registration fee is paid.
  • Housing assignment is contingent upon acceptance to the university.
  • New registrants are assigned to existing vacancies and the University does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
  • All first-year students have priority in the assignments process over all other new students, as transfer, graduate and current students are not guaranteed housing. However, non-first-year students have priority in selecting a limited number of spaces prior to first-year students being assigned.
  • Students with disabilities should complete the housing registration immediately upon admission, and then contact the Disability Resource Center to start the intake process.
  • Cancellations of registrations and/or reservations, petitions to cancel contracts, and other notices must be submitted in writing to the University of Georgia Housing Assignments Office. Notices may be submitted by email to or fax 706-542-8595. Notifications submitted to other offices do not comply with this requirement and requested official action cannot be assured.