WHAT IS IT
Bulldog Battle is an opportunity for students living on campus to battle it out to highlight their room as the best room within the list of themes. Students may enter multiple months so long as they can show how the room highlights the theme for the month. Each month one winning room will be chosen, and at the end of the academic year, one of the winning rooms will be named Room of the Year.
All monthly winners will receive a Bulldog prize pack.
The Room of the Year winners will also receive one mini projector per resident in the winning bedroom.
ENTER TO WIN October 2023 – April 2024
BULLDOG BATTLE CONTEST RULES
- Entries will only be considered when submitted by legal occupants of the room
- Enter by submitting the Contest Entry Form and including up to five photos of the room
- Entries will be accepted each month until the 20th of each month for the duration of the contest. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the deadline to be considered for that month’s theme
- Only current residents of University Housing are eligible to participate in the contest
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram
- Both residents of double occupancy rooms must agree to enter the contest but residents in single rooms or single bedrooms within suites, supersuites or apartments may enter individually
- No images of common spaces (i.e. living rooms and kitchens) will be considered in the initial selection
- All rooms must comply with all University Housing decoration and other policies. Any room found in violation of University Housing policy or with evidence of policy violations will be disqualified from consideration. Consult the Community Guide for more information. All entries must be “grandma friendly,” with no obscenities or other offensive content
- Entrants (including all roommates) must agree to be photographed in their room by a University of Georgia photographer
- Entrants must agree to the use of their first name, likeness, narrative portion of the Contest Entry Form, submitted room photographs and the name of their building for promotion of UGA and University Housing in print and digital formats
DETERMINING THE WINNERS
- Judging of entries for all categories will be completed within five business days of each month’s deadline by a panel of University Housing professional staff members
- The panel will judge entries based on the following areas: how well they fit the monthly theme, the narrative provided on the Contest Entry Form, and having no noticeable policy violations present in the photographs
- University Housing will notify monthly winners within five business days by 5 p.m.
- Winning entries will be posted on University Housing’s Instagram account
- All monthly winners will be automatically entered into the Room of the Year competition to be held April 2024. Final selection of the Room of the Year winner will be decided by “likes” on University Housing’s Instagram account. Likes on entrants’ personal accounts will not be recorded. Paying for likes or boosting posts (paying for a post to reach more people) via Instagram or Facebook is prohibited. Votes will be tallied at 5 p.m. on April 30, 2024
- Prizes consist of items of de minimis value as determined by University Housing, and one grand prize, which includes one mini projector for each bedroom occupant. All winners will also receive an early arrival time to move in one day early for fall 2024
- OCTOBER- Most Organized (entries accepted Oct. 1-20)
- NOVEMBER- Best Georgia Vibes (entries accepted Nov. 1-20)
- JANUARY- Best Use of Technology (entries accepted Jan. 1-20) – May include but is not limited to: gaming, movie viewing, lighting
- FEBRUARY- Best DIY (entries accepted Feb. 1-20) – May include but is not limited to: thrift finds, craft projects, wall collage
- MARCH BEST Theme (entries accepted March. 1-20) – May include but is not limited to: music, sports, nature, art
- APRIL- Sweet Retreat (entries accepted April. 1-20) – Show us your comfortable and cozy spaces
If you would like to enter your space in more than one category, you must submit a separate entry form during each month’s contest.
THE 2023 FINALISTS
October – Most Organized
November: Best Georgia Vibes
January: Best use of Technology
THE 2023 WINNER