Room of the Year
Room of the Year 2020
Our annual contest is back and bigger than ever—we’re looking for the coolest, most creative, most spirited and smartest spaces on campus and giving you the chance to earn first pick of your on-campus space next year, a ton of cool freebies and the title of Room of the Year.
How to enter:
1. Between Sept. 14 and noon 21, snap up to five photos of your room—show us some details you love as well as some wide shots so we can see how it all comes together.
2. Post your photos to Instagram with the hashtag #ROTY20—make sure to tag @UGAHousing in your post and that your account is public so we can see it! Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photo entries (up to five).
3. Our committee will choose the top 10 entries and repost those to the @UGAHousing Instagram account on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
4. VOTE! Between Sept. 22 and 5 p.m. Oct. 1, voting will take place on Instagram. At noon on Oct. 1, the finalist post with the most likes becomes the 2020 Room of the Year!
5. Everyone is welcome to a Room of the Year YouTube premiere party Thursday, Oct. 1 at 7 p.m. We’ll officially name the grand-prize winners, as well as superlative winners chosen by the University Housing Street Team, Residence Hall Association (RHA) and staff. Superlatives will be named in the following categories: Most Spirited, Best DIY, Best Use of Space and Most Original.
Check the official rules in the sidebar to the right.