There are two visitation designations available to accommodate the individual preferences of students; the options indicate times during which guests are permitted to visit and are noted in each community description.
- Visitation 1: Visitation permitted Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. and 24-hours beginning 10 a.m. Friday through Saturday, ending at 2 a.m. Monday (Sunday night).
- Visitation 2: Visitation permitted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Roommate’s rights have priority over visitor’s rights. Specific guest regulations are to be determined and mutually agreed upon by the roommates within each room or suite or unit. These regulations can further restrict the current visitation policy, but not broaden. If consensus cannot be met independently, the staff will assist in creating a written agreement with the roommates.
Access to residence halls is controlled by a UGACard swipe plus PIN* (Personal Identification Number) system. Other security features include:
- 24-hour desks in each community
- Security guards present in each community
- Residence hall staff members on call after hours and on weekends to assist in case of emergency
- Interior and exterior security cameras
Students are encouraged to learn more about security in the residence halls and across campus by visiting Safe and Secure, a guide for the campus community produced by the university's public safety division, the legal affairs office, the Division of Student Affairs and the university's Division of Marketing and Communications.
*The housing access PIN is separate from the online PIN needed to register for athletic tickets. For information regarding online PIN for athletic tickets, please contact the Main Ticket Office at 706-542-1231.