Priority registration period: Dec. 10, 2020-Jan. 15, 2021
Check the calendar for upcoming significant room-sign-up dates.
RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SIGN-UP | UNIVERSITY VILLAGE AND HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS
Current Resident Room Sign-Up
Appointment times to choose a space will be granted in the order in which current students complete the returning student registration in The Dawg House.
Residents wishing to live on campus for 2021-2022 academic year should log onto The Dawg House and complete the initial registration between Dec. 10, 2020 and noon Jan. 15, 2020. There is no fee for current residents, and registration alone does not commit students to living on campus for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Residents wishing to keep the same room or to stay in their current hall will have the opportunity to do so before appointment times to choose spaces. Not all spaces are eligible for same-room or same-hall sign up. Depending on the number of residents wishing to participate in room sign up, multiple rounds of appointment times may be given until all returning student spaces are contracted.
1. Register to participate in room sign up in The Dawg House by noon Jan. 15.
2. Research halls, floorplans and rates in the Housing tab above.
3. Attend a webinar about the process and to ask any questions you may have.
4. Create or join a roommate group in order to assign roommates to your space with your roommates. Designate all roommates by noon Jan. 15.
5. Check your UGA email for information about your appointment time to choose a space online or notifications that you are eligible to stay in your same room or hall.
6. During your appointment time, log in to The Dawg House, choose a space and add your roommates.
7. Execute your housing contract by the deadline given via email. If you fail to execute the contract, you may lose your space.
8. Students with completed contracts for fall 2021 may submit a room change request at any time.
All communication to students regarding room sign-up will be sent to students’ UGA email account. Students are expected to check their email regularly for important information.
Current students are not guaranteed housing since incoming first-year students have priority in housing assignments due to the first year live-on requirement. However, returning students have priority in selecting a limited number of spaces prior to first-year students being assigned. Current off-campus residents will have the opportunity to choose a space after the first round of appointment times.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT EAST CAMPUS VILLAGE
East Campus Village (ECV) contracts:
The duration of the contracts for Busbee Hall will change for 2021-2022. Busbee Hall residents will have an academic year contract (closed summer 2022, rent charged for fall and spring). McWhorter, Vandiver and Rooker Halls will have 11.5-month contracts (rent charged fall 2021, spring 2022 and summer 2022).
ECV same hall sign-up day:
On same hall day, ECV residents will have the option of selecting a space in any building in ECV.
Expanded ECV spaces:
Current residents in expanded spaces will not have the option to choose their same room but may choose any ECV hall on same hall selection day.
RESIDENCE HALLS TIMELINE
Tuesday, Jan. 5 at 7 p.m.: Informational room sign-up webinar
Monday, Jan. 11 at 7 p.m.: Informational room sign-up webinar
Wednesday, Jan. 13 at 7 p.m.: Informational room sign-up webinar
Jan. 15, 2021: Priority deadline to register to participate in room sign up
Feb. 9: Same room sign up begins
Feb. 15: Same hall sign ups begin
Feb. 23: First-round appointment times to choose a new space begin
March 2: Second round appointment times to choose a new space begin
Weekly sign-up rounds will occur until all spaces are assigned.
UNIVERSITY VILLAGE AND HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS
December 10, 2020: Registration opens in The Dawg House for fall 2021
March 15, 2021: Deadline to submit the Intent to Vacate form in The Dawg House
March 22: Same apartment sign-up
April 2: Same apartment contracts due
March 30: Different apartment sign-up
April 9: Different apartment contracts due
April 7: Round 1 apartment sign-up for new registrations