RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SIGN-UP | UNIVERSITY VILLAGE COMMUNITY APARTMENT SIGN UP
RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SIGN-UP
Room sign-up registration begins December 19, 2016 at 9 a.m. Residents wishing to live on campus for 2017-2018 academic year must log onto The Dawg House and complete the initial registration before midnight on Tuesday, January 31.
Appointment times for space selection will be randomly generated and given to those who have registered to participate in the room sign up process by the January 31 deadline. No other criteria will be used to determine appointment times. Depending on the amount of residents wishing to participate in room sign up, multiple rounds of appointment times may be given until all upperclass student spaces are contracted.
Residents registered by January 31 and in eligible spaces or halls who wish to keep their same room/hall will be given the opportunity to do so before random appointment times begin. Residents will be notified via email if their space is eligible for same room sign up.
TO PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SIGN UP
Current students should indicate their desire to live on campus for the next academic year in The Dawg House. Access The Dawg House from the link to the right.
Contract Changes in East Campus Village
The duration of the contracts for Vandiver Hall will change for 2017-2018. Vandiver Hall will have an academic year contract (closed summer 2018, rent charged for fall and spring). Rooker, Busbee, and McWhorter Halls will have 11.5-month contracts (rent charged fall 2017, spring 2018 and summer 2018).
Visit the Resources page for questions about the room sign-up process.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT ROOM SIGN-UP
East Campus Village (ECV) contracts:
Busbee, McWhorter, and Rooker Halls will be contracted for the 11.5-month period (fall, spring and summer semesters). Vandiver Hall will be the nine-month contract option
ECV Same Hall Day:
On same hall day, ECV residents will have the option of selecting a partially furnished one-bedroom apartment in University Village. Each apartment houses two residents and is furnished with two twin XL beds, two desks, two dressers, two chairs and closet space. These apartments also feature living rooms and full kitchens
Oglethorpe House is currently undergoing construction work to repair the brick facade around the building. This construction will likely continue into the fall semester. Please be mindful that this may create more noise than usual
Double as Private:
Brown Hall will not feature any double-as-private rooms next year. Students in eligible spaces will be allowed to keep their same room, but will be in a double occupancy configuration
RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SIGN UP TIMELINE
All communication to students regarding room sign-up will be sent to the student's UGA email account. Students are expected to check their email regularly for important information.
Current students are not guaranteed housing since incoming first-year students have priority in housing assignments due to the first year live-on requirement. However, upperclass students have priority in selecting a limited number of spaces prior to first-year students being assigned.
December 19, 2016 – January 31, 2017
Registration for room sign up
Current UGA students and transfer students admitted for fall semester may register for housing.
- Students must register by January 31 at 11:59 p.m. to be included in the next phase of room sign-up. Students are able to search for and request up to five roommates
- Roommate preferences may not be changed after January 31
- Students registering after January 31 will still be considered for on-campus housing, but will have to wait for all students registered by January 31 to participate
February 6 and 8, 2017
Same room and same hall sign up days
Students registered by January 31 and currently residing in Brown, Building 1516, Busbee, Mary Lyndon, McWhorter, Myers, Oglethorpe House, Payne, Reed, Rooker, Rutherford, Soule or Vandiver will be notified via UGA email of their ability to participate in same room or same hall sign-up day.
- Some returning residents may be unable to select their current assignment and/or building due to spaces being held for entering first-year students or a special program.
- Boggs, Brumby, Church, Creswell, Hill, Lipscomb, Mell, Morris and Russell Halls will not be available during room sign-up.
- Students with a spring assignment in any East Campus Village hall may sign up for a room in any East Campus Village hall on this date.
February 13, 2017
First round of room sign up begins
If more students register to live on campus than there are spaces available, the Housing Assignments Office will randomly assign appointment times for round one and will notify students on February 9 via UGA email of selection for round one with instructions on how to view the appointment time or waiting list status.
- Students may log in to The Dawg House at any time between their randomly assigned appointment time and 9 a.m. February 15 to select any available space on campus.
February 20, 2017
Round one housing contracts due
- Students who fail to execute a contract by this date will lose the space they have chosen
- More information about residence hall contracts can be found on the Contracts, Fees and Payment page
February 21, 2017
Second round of room sign up begins
All students who register for room sign-up but are not initially selected for round one will be automatically placed on the waiting list for subsequent rounds and will be notified via UGA email.
- Subsequent rounds of room sign up will occur until all available spaces have been filled.
- In past years, University Housing has been able to offer on-campus spaces to all students registered by the January 31 deadline on the waiting list. University Housing cannot predict exactly which rooms/spaces will be available.
- Weekly sign-up rounds will occur throughout the spring semester.
UNIVERSITY VILLAGE COMMUNITY APARTMENT SIGN UP
Current University Village residents have three options:
OPTION 1: Renewing a contract (either for your same apartment OR a different apartment)
Register in The Dawg House. Registration opens December 19, 2016. Current residents MUST register in order to choose an apartment for the 2017-2018 academic year by March 15.
Same apartment sign-up, March 21-23: You will receive an email with instructions on how to log on to choose your same apartment IF you have registered on The Dawg House by March 15.
Different apartment sign-up, March 27-29: You will receive an email with instructions on how to log on to choose a different apartment IF you registered on The Dawg House by March 15.
OPTION 2: Moving out
If you are moving out of the apartment and no longer wish to live on campus – Complete the Intent to Vacate process in The Dawg House by March 15. Instructions will be emailed to students.
The current contract ends on July 25 (May 15 for Building M), but you may move out any date between May 15 and July 25. Email the completed form from your UGA email to email@example.com.
OPTION 3: Graduation
If you are graduating in May or at the end of the summer term, please submit your Intent to Vacate form to the Housing Assignments Office by March 15.
May graduates must move out by May 15 in accordance with the housing contract.
Summer graduates can move out on August 4, 2017 by 12 p.m. (to stay after 12 p.m. and up until 4 p.m. approval from the Community Office must be given). Also, please submit a letter on letterhead from your department or the Graduate School verifying that you are completing degree requirements at the end of the summer term in order to have your current contract extended to the end of summer term.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Housing Assignments Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-1421.