RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SIGN-UP | UNIVERSITY VILLAGE COMMUNITY APARTMENT SIGN UP
RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SIGN-UP
Room sign-up registration begins December 11, 2017 at 9 a.m. Residents wishing to live on campus for 2018-2019 academic year must log onto The Dawg House and complete the initial registration before midnight on Wednesday, January 31.
Appointment times for space selection will be randomly generated and given to those who have registered to participate in the room sign up process by the January 31 deadline. No other criteria will be used to determine appointment times. Depending on the amount of residents wishing to participate in room sign up, multiple rounds of appointment times may be given until all upperclass student spaces are contracted.
Residents registered by January 31 and in eligible spaces or halls who wish to keep their same room/hall will be given the opportunity to do so before random appointment times begin. Residents will be notified via email if their space is eligible for same room sign up.
TO PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SIGN UP
Current students should indicate their desire to live on campus for the next academic year in The Dawg House. Access The Dawg House from the link to the right.
Contract Changes in East Campus Village
The duration of the contracts for Rooker Hall will change for 2018-2019. Rooker Hall will have an academic year contract (closed summer 2019, rent charged for fall and spring). Busbee, McWhorter and Vandiver Halls will have 11.5-month contracts (rent charged fall 2018, spring 2019 and summer 2019).
Visit the Resources page for questions about the room sign-up process.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT ROOM SIGN-UP
East Campus Village (ECV) contracts:
Busbee, McWhorter, and Vandiver Halls will be contracted for the 11.5-month period (fall, spring and summer semesters). Rooker Hall will be the nine-month contract option
ECV Same Hall Day:
On same hall day, ECV residents will have the option of selecting a space in any building in ECV. Residents with expanded housing spaces will have the option to keep their expanded space.
Single Rooms in Brown Hall:
Brown Hall will feature single occupancy rooms in suite with a shared bath for 2018-2019.
Expanded Housing Spaces:
Expanded housing spaces will be available during room sign up in University Village.
RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SIGN UP TIMELINE
All communication to students regarding room sign-up will be sent to the student's UGA email account. Students are expected to check their email regularly for important information.
Current students are not guaranteed housing since incoming first-year students have priority in housing assignments due to the first year live-on requirement. However, upperclass students have priority in selecting a limited number of spaces prior to first-year students being assigned.
December 11, 2017 – January 31, 2018
Registration for room sign up
Current UGA students and transfer students admitted for fall semester may register for housing.
- Students must register by January 31 at 11:59 p.m. to be included in the next phase of room sign-up. Students are able to search for and request up to five roommates
- Roommate preferences may not be changed after January 31
- Students registering after January 31 will still be considered for on-campus housing, but will have to wait for all students registered by January 31 to participate
February 5 and 7, 2018
Same room and same hall sign up days
Students registered by January 31 and currently residing in Brown, Building 1516, Busbee, Mary Lyndon, McWhorter, Myers, Oglethorpe House, Payne, Reed, Rooker, Rutherford, Soule or Vandiver will be notified via UGA email of their ability to participate in same room or same hall sign-up day. Residents with expanded housing spaces in East Campus Village or University Village will have the option to keep their expanded space.
- Some returning residents may be unable to select their current assignment and/or building due to spaces being held for entering first-year students or a special program.
- Boggs, Brumby, Church, Creswell, Hill, Lipscomb, Mell, Morris and Russell Halls will not be available during room sign-up.
- Students with a spring assignment in any East Campus Village hall may sign up for a room in any East Campus Village hall on this date.
February 12, 2018
First round of room sign up begins
If more students register to live on campus than there are spaces available, the Housing Assignments Office will randomly assign appointment times for round one and will notify students on February 8 via UGA email of selection for round one with instructions on how to view the appointment time or waiting list status.
- Students may log in to The Dawg House at any time between their randomly assigned appointment time and 9 a.m. February 14 to select any available space on campus.
February 19, 2018
Round one housing contracts due
- Students who fail to execute a contract by this date will lose the space they have chosen
- More information about residence hall contracts can be found on the Contracts, Fees and Payment page
February 20, 2018
Second round of room sign up begins
All students who register for room sign-up but are not initially selected for round one will be automatically placed on the waiting list for subsequent rounds and will be notified via UGA email.
- Subsequent rounds of room sign up will occur until all available spaces have been filled.
- In past years, University Housing has been able to offer on-campus spaces to all students registered by the January 31 deadline on the waiting list. University Housing cannot predict exactly which rooms/spaces will be available.
- Weekly sign-up rounds will occur throughout the spring semester.
UNIVERSITY VILLAGE COMMUNITY APARTMENT SIGN UP
2017-2018 University Village Apartment contracts for graduate students end July 25, 2018. The deadline for renewing or cancelling a contract for any of the following reasons is March 15.
1. Staying in University Housing
Register in The Dawg House
Select UV/HSC 2018-2019 when registering. There is no registration fee for current residents.
If out are planning to move out between May 6 and July 25, housing will assess rent until the day you check out if you complete a cancellation request.
May graduates are encouraged to move out on or as close to May 15 as possible but are permitted to stay through July 25, 2018 or the date identified in the Room Cancellation Request, whichever is earlier. All future contracts, beginning with the 2018-2019 contract, will require May graduates to move out by May 15.
3. Moving out (not graduating)
Fill out the Room Cancellation Request in The Dawg House
Log into The Dawg House and complete a Room Cancellation Request. Indicate “Intent to Vacate” as the cancellation reason.
For residents planning to move out between May 6 and July 25 for a reason other than graduation, housing will assess rent until the day of check out if the resident has completed a cancellation request.
Students enrolled in summer classes past July 25 should email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1 to confirm summer enrollment.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Housing Assignments Office at email@example.com or 706-542-1421.