The University of Georgia is committed to providing all students with a comprehensive educational experience. There are numerous educational and social benefits for first-year students living in the residence halls that may not be realized by those living off campus. With this understanding, UGA has required all first-year students to live on campus since fall 2004. Housing registration takes place in our online portal, The Dawg House. Access The Dawg House from the link to the right.
FIRST-YEAR LIVE-ON REQUIREMENT
First-year undergraduate students enrolled as full-time students, as defined by the Office of the Registrar, are required to live in campus residence halls. Students first enrolling in the summer are required to live in the residence halls during the summer, fall and spring semesters. Students first enrolling in the fall are required to live in the residence halls during the fall and spring semesters. Students first enrolling in the spring are required to live in the residence halls during the spring semester.
Learn more about the first-year live-on requirement.
- Online registration through The Dawg House begins on the Monday after the Office of Undergraduate Admissions releases early action decisions in late November/early December of the year preceding fall semester move in. Students need a MyID to register for housing.
- Spring semester admits may register for housing and will be invited to choose a space
- Spring semester admits must execute a contract by the due date provided
December to August
Online registration for fall semester continues in The Dawg House.
The last day to register for housing and/or modify registration online before the initial round of first-year assignments for fall semester are made is April 30. For any changes prior to this date, registered students may change hall designations through The Dawg House.
- Students will be able to log in to The Dawg House, set up a profile and search for roommates
- Students can confirm roommate requests and create groups to have better chances of being assigned together during room selection
- Immediately following the last day to register for a space with University Housing for fall semester, there will be a period of approximately one week in which no registrations and/or modifications will be accepted
- Hall assignments and contracts will be issued via email to all first-year students registered for housing for fall semester as of the mid-May priority date.
- All first-year students registering for on-campus housing for fall semester after the priority date will be assigned to a specific residence hall via an ongoing process throughout the summer
- First-year students who registered for housing for fall semester prior to the mid-May priority date will be able to submit reassignment requests online
- Specific payment deadline date will be communicated via email to all students registered for housing for fall semester
First-year students must execute a contract by the due date provided or risk not being able to register for classes at First-Year Orientation
Specific room and roommate information will be released to students who have executed a residence hall contract.
The residence halls open for fall semester