What if you could write a letter to the incoming residents of your old residence hall room? What memories would you share? What advice would you give? University Housing is collecting letters from past residents – whether you moved out in the past 3 weeks or the past 30 years – for distribution to the next generation of bulldogs. Submit a letter and we’ll deliver it to residents’ mailboxes for them to open when they move in in August. The last day to submit a letter is Wednesday, July 15. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Notes Submission Form
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any cost associated with writing a letter?
Nope! You don’t have to worry about postage or printing. Just submit a letter online and we’ll take care of the rest – printing, packaging, and delivery!
2. How long should my letter be?
We ask that letters do not exceed 250 words.
3. What should I include in my letter?
You can include your name, graduation year (or expected graduation year) and major. Here are some things to think about including in the letter:
- What were some of your favorite memories from living in the residence halls?
- What sorts of friendships did you build while living on campus?
- Do you have any advice on how to make their residence hall feel more like home?
- What should the incoming resident look forward to about living on campus?
4. Can I see an example letter?
Yes you can! Here is an example letter:
Welcome to your new home! My name is Taylor and I graduated from UGA in 2007 with a B.S. in Economics. During my first year at UGA, I lived in Mary Lyndon and had the best time. Some of my favorite memories included staying up late with my friends to watch American Idol in the basement and Snellebrating after finishing a really difficult exam. I hope that this year brings you lots of fun memories in Mary Lyndon like I had, it was such a special place to live. My one piece of advice for you is to not underestimate the amount of time it takes to walk to the bus stop – I spent many a morning sprinting to make it to the stop in front of Soule. Also, don’t worry if it takes you a while to find your people, mine came later than I expected but I wouldn’t have it any other way! Wishing you the absolute best year at UGA!
Taylor, Class of 2007
5. What if I lived in multiple residence halls during my time at UGA?
You are welcome to write as many letters as you’d like. All we ask is that you submit a different form for each letter you’d like to write.
6. When will my letter be delivered?
We plan to deliver the letters to residents’ mailboxes in time for them to open once they move in in August 2020.
7. If I didn't live on campus during my time at UGA, can I still write a letter?
While the main purpose of this project is to connect past residents with incoming ones, we are happy to accept any letter from a member of the UGA community. Make sure when you list your preferences, you click the “No preference” option.
Key Notes Letter Counter
Health Sciences Campus
Mary Lyndon Hall