Nov. 30-Dec. 19: All residence halls remain open and operating as usual
Winter break: Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020 at 12 p.m. - Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021 at 2 p.m.
All halls—except Brown Hall, Reed Hall, Payne Hall, East Campus Village, University Village and Health Sciences Campus townhomes—close for winter break at noon on this date.
If you are leaving for the break, make sure to take anything you will need with you.
- Close and lock all windows
- Close and lock all doors
- Close window blinds
- Remove all trash and recycling from your room
- Turn off all lights
- Make sure all your perishable food is taken with you or disposed of in the exterior trash
- Turn off your alarm clock (if applicable)
- Unplug appliances (excluding refrigerators and fish tanks)
- Clean your room to discourage pests (pick up items, wipe surfaces down, sweep/vacuum, dust, clean kitchen, bathroom (where applicable)
- Make sure you have your UGA OneCard and keys before leaving campus
- Attend a community gathering to discuss break expectations (winter break)
- Set your thermostat to the lowest setting (68-72 degrees--where applicable)
- Check your mailbox. Mail will not be forwarded during break periods.
- Pack your prescription medication and other essentials
Residents of halls that close for winter break will not have access to the building after noon on Saturday, Dec. 19. Staff members may inspect your room to ensure you have completed the steps outlined above.
DATES AND DEADLINES
Nov. 30, 2020: Deadline to cancel a contract with no fee for students who will not be enrolled in the spring (graduation or study abroad spring semester)
Dec. 19, 2020: Residence halls close at 12 p.m. for winter break/end of fall semester
Dec. 20, 2020: UV/HSC students who graduate in December move out
Dec. 25, 2020 - Jan. 1, 2021: University Housing and community offices closed
Jan. 6, 2021: Residence halls re-open at 2 p.m.