INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS AT THE HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS
Updated Sept. 12, 2020
– If you are driving yourself, communicate with the housing staff member contacting you for your relocation that you need a temporary parking pass. University Housing staff will work with Transportation and Parking Services to coordinate a temporary permit for you in the designated lot closest to your quarantine/isolation space
– Prior to your arrival to your isolation space, we placed linens and a disinfection kit in your unit. In your disinfection kit, you will find some everyday supplies such as toilet paper, tissues and wipes.
– Also included in the kit are trash bags. If you have trash that needs to be removed from your unit, we will be picking up trash daily. Please leave any bagged trash outside of your door by 9 a.m.
– Remain in your designated isolation or quarantine assignment unless there is a building emergency that results in an evacuation—you are not permitted to leave or have direct contact with individuals outside of isolation/quarantine unless it is an emergency
– If you have upcoming appointments, contact the provider and request a telehealth or virtual appointment, if possible
– For any emergencies, call 9-1-1
– Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse or do not improve, contact your healthcare provider. University Health Center contact information is below. If you develop new symptoms, please submit an updated DawgCheck response
– Ensure you are getting plenty of rest and staying hydrated
– To help alleviate the risk of thrombosis, make sure to stand or walk occasionally. The University Health Center even offers virtual fitness programs
– Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
– Wash your hands often with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds
– No visitors or guests are permitted in your space during your isolation or quarantine period
– Clean all surfaces that are touched often such as doorknobs, counters, tables, etc.
– If you signed up for meal delivery from Dining Services through the link you received via email, meals will be delivered to your room. If you more need information on this service, email email@example.com.
– Gather any trash and leave it outside the front door
– Leave the front door key on the kitchen counter
– Lock the front door as you exit the unit
University Health Center: 706-542-8715
University Housing: 706-583-0912
Student Care and Outreach: 706-542-7774
Health Sciences Campus front desk: 706-713-2657
Dining Services/Meals: 706-542-1256 – Wellness Meals information
UGA Directory Assistance: 706-542-3000
Submit a work request
Looking for something to do? Check out the list of 101 Things to Do in Athens—including options for exploring from your room.