INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS AT THE HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS
Updated Sep. 15, 2021
– If you are driving yourself to your isolation/quarantine space, you will need to provide your vehicle information to Student Care and Outreach, so they can arrange for temporary parking through Parking Services.
– When you arrive, a University Housing staff member will greet you from a distance, outside the apartment. The front door to your unit will be unlocked and the key will be laying on the kitchen counter.
– Remain in your designated isolation or quarantine assignment unless there is a building emergency that results in an evacuation—you are not permitted to leave or have direct contact with individuals outside of isolation/quarantine unless it is an emergency.
– If you have upcoming appointments, contact your healthcare provider and request a telehealth or virtual appointment, if possible. If you need University Housing to help arrange transportation to an appointment at the University Health Center, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your appointment.
– For any emergencies, call 9-1-1.
– Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse or do not improve, contact your healthcare provider. University Health Center contact information is below.
– Ensure you are getting plenty of rest and staying hydrated.
– Stay active and engaged in quarantine or isolation! Check out the Engagement and Physical Activities tab for virtual events and the opportunity to opt into free on-demand virtual fitness classes from Ramsey (Rec Sports). Being sure to stand or walk occasionally or engage in other physical activities helps alleviate the risk of thrombosis.
– Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
– Wash your hands often with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
– No visitors or guests are permitted in your space during your isolation or quarantine period.
– You will find a supply of trash bags near the kitchen sink for your use. Please discard trash in the provided bags, tie and discard in the trash receptacles outside the front door.
– If you signed up for meal delivery, meals will be delivered to your room. If you more need information on this service, email email@example.com.
– You must checkout by 9 a.m. after your isolation or quarantine period.
– Upon checkout, remove all personal and perishable items from the room.
– Gather any trash, bag it and discard it in the trash receptacles outside the front door.
– Leave your key on the kitchen counter in the express checkout envelope, which was lying on the kitchen counter upon your arrival.
– Lock the front door, from the inside, as you exit the unit.
– Notify firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time of your departure as you are leaving.
Since you are considered healthy following quarantine or isolation, para transit is not necessary. Public transportation options include the UGA bus or the Athens City Bus. All quarantine and isolation locations are within walking distance of one of these options.
University Health Center: 706-542-8715
University Housing: 706-583-0912
Student Care and Outreach: 706-542-7774
Health Sciences Campus 24-hour Desk: 706-713-2657
Wellness Meals (Georgia Center): 706-202-4376 – Wellness Meals information
UGA Directory Assistance: 706-542-3000