INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS IN THE GEORGIA CENTER HOTEL
Updated Jan. 29, 2021
– If you are driving yourself, park in the South Campus Deck. University Housing staff will work with Transportation and Parking Services to coordinate a temporary permit for you to park in this location
– Please enter the Georgia Center from the entrance on the Carlton Street side of the building
– The desk has your room key and will be ready for you to check in. Please wear your face covering over your nose and mouth at all times
– Remain in your designated isolation or quarantine assignment unless there is a building emergency that results in an evacuation—you are not permitted to leave or have direct contact with individuals outside of isolation/quarantine unless it is an emergency
– If you have upcoming appointments, contact the provider and request a telehealth or virtual appointment, if possible. If you have an in-person appointment, please contact the hotel front desk to notify them of your appointment and expected departure time. You will be given the appropriate route to exit and re-enter the hotel
– For any emergencies, call 9-1-1
– Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse or do not improve, contact your healthcare provider. University Health Center contact information is below. If you develop new symptoms, please submit an updated DawgCheck response
– Ensure you are getting plenty of rest and staying hydrated
– To help alleviate the risk of thrombosis, make sure to stand or walk occasionally. The University Health Center even offers virtual fitness programs
– Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
– Wash your hands often with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds
– No visitors or guests are permitted in your space during your isolation or quarantine period
– Clean all surfaces that are touched often such as doorknobs, counters, tables, etc. Please use the clear plastic bags provided for trash and leave any bagged trash outside of your door by 9 a.m.
– The Georgia Center will accept outside food deliveries between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. only; package deliveries will be made at 10 a.m. & 2 p.m. only.
– If you signed up for meal delivery, meals will be delivered to your door. If you more need information on this service, email email@example.com.
– Place bagged trash and dishes outside your room for collection
– Vacate the space by 9 a.m.
– Remove all personal items from the room
– Remove all perishable items from the room
– Call the front desk to inform them you are checking out
– Leave your key in your room
Since you are considered healthy following quarantine or isolation, para transit is not necessary. Public transportation options include the UGA bus or the Athens City Bus. All quarantine and isolation locations are within walking distance of one of these options
Georgia Center Hotel Front Desk: 706-548-1311
University Housing: 706-583-0912
University Health Center: 706-542-8715
Student Care and Outreach: 706-542-7774
Wellness Meals (Georgia Center): 706-202-4376 – Wellness Meals information
UGA Directory Assistance 706-542-3000
Please contact the Georgia Center from the phone in your room with any issues related to your stay or your meals.
Stay active and engaged in quarantine or isolation! Check out the Engagement and Physical Activities tab for virtual events and the opportunity to opt into free on-demand virtual fitness classes from Ramsey (Rec Sports).
Students acknowledge that its stay at the hotel is subject to a master housing agreement between the University of Georgia and Georgia Center Hotel (the “Housing Agreement”), and that such agreement imposes certain responsibilities related to students’ conduct at the hotel, their responsibility for charges related to the students’ stay, as well as other obligations. Students agree to comply with their obligations under that agreement and have reviewed and/or acknowledge that they have been informed by university of their obligations thereunder, and/or have waived their right to review such agreement.