INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS AT THE COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
Updated Aug. 26, 2021
– If you are driving yourself, park in the Courtyard by Marriott’s guest parking lots in the back or on the side of the hotel.
- Go to the front desk to check in while wearing your face covering over your nose and mouth at all times. When checking in, indicate to the staff that you are checking into your assigned space with University Housing. The staff will have your name and information prior to your check-in. Do not arrive prior to the check-in time you confirmed with University Housing.
– Remain in your designated quarantine assignment unless you have a medical appointment or there is a building emergency that results in an evacuation—you are not permitted to leave or have direct contact with individuals outside of quarantine unless it is an emergency.
– If you have upcoming appointments, contact your healthcare provider and request a telehealth or virtual appointment, if possible. If you need University Housing to help arrange transportation to an appointment at the University Health Center, please contact email@example.com in advance of your appointment.
– For any emergencies, call 9-1-1.
– Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse or do not improve, contact your healthcare provider. University Health Center contact information is below.
– Ensure you are getting plenty of rest and staying hydrated.
– Stay active and engaged in quarantine! Check out the Engagement and Physical Activities tab for virtual events and for the opportunity to opt into free on-demand virtual fitness classes from Ramsey (Rec Sports). Being sure to stand or walk occasionally or engage in other physical activities helps alleviate the risk of thrombosis.
– Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
– Wash your hands often with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
– No visitors or guests are permitted in your space during your quarantine period.
– You may leave any bagged trash outside of your door by 9 a.m. daily.
– If you signed up for meal delivery, meals will be delivered to your door. If you more need information on this service, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– You must checkout by 9 a.m. after your quarantine period.
– Upon checkout, remove all personal items and perishable items from the room.
– Call the hotel front desk at 706-369-7000 to inform them you are checking out
– Leave your key in your room
– Notify email@example.com with the date and time of your departure as you are leaving.
Since you are considered healthy following quarantine, para transit is not necessary. Public transportation options include the UGA bus or the Athens City Bus. All quarantine locations are within walking distance of one of these options.
University Health Center: 706-542-8715
University Housing: 706-583-091
Student Care and Outreach: 706-542-7774
Wellness Meals (Georgia Center): 706-202-4376 - Wellness Meals information
UGA Directory Assistance: 706-542-3000
Students acknowledge that their stay at the hotel is subject to a master housing agreement between the University of Georgia and Courtyard by Marriott (the “Housing Agreement”), and that such agreement imposes certain responsibilities related to students’ conduct at the hotel, their responsibility for charges related to the students’ stay, as well as other obligations. Students agree to comply with their obligations under that agreement and have reviewed and/or acknowledge that they have been informed by university of their obligations thereunder, and/or have waived their right to review such agreement.