INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS AT THE COURTYARD BY MARIOTT
Updated Jan. 29, 2021
– If you are driving yourself, park in the Courtyard by Marriott’s guest parking lots in the back or on the side of the hotel
– Go to the front desk to check in while wearing your face covering over your nose and mouth at all times. When checking in, indicate to the staff that you are checking into your assigned space with University Housing. The staff will have your name and information prior to your checkin. Do not arrive prior to the check-in time you confirmed with University Housing
– Remain in your designated isolation or quarantine assignment unless there is a building emergency that results in an evacuation—you are not permitted to leave or have direct contact with individuals outside of isolation/quarantine unless it is an emergency
– If you have upcoming appointments, contact the provider and request a telehealth or virtual appointment, if possible
– For any emergencies, call 9-1-1
– Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse or do not improve, contact your healthcare provider. University Health Center contact information is below. If you develop new symptoms, please submit an updated DawgCheck response
– Ensure you are getting plenty of rest and staying hydrated
– To help alleviate the risk of thrombosis, make sure to stand or walk occasionally. The University Health Center even offers virtual fitness programs
– Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
– Wash your hands often with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds
– No visitors or guests are permitted in your space during your isolation or quarantine period
– Clean all surfaces that are touched often such as doorknobs, counters, tables, etc. Please leave any bagged trash outside of your door by 9 a.m.
– If you signed up for meal delivery, meals will be delivered to your rdoor. If you more need information on this service, email email@example.com
– Vacate the space by 12 p.m..
– Remove all personal items from the room
– Remove all perishable items from the room
– Call the front desk to inform them you are checking out
– Leave your key in your room
Since you are considered healthy following quarantine or isolation, para transit is not necessary. Public transportation options include the UGA bus or the Athens City Bus. All quarantine and isolation locations are within walking distance of one of these options
University Health Center: 706-542-8715
University Housing: 706-583-0912
Student Care and Outreach: 706-542-7774
Dining Services/Meals: 706-542-1256 – Wellness Meals information
UGA Directory Assistance: 706-542-3000
Please contact the front desk from the phone in your room with any issues related to your stay.
Stay active and engaged in quarantine or isolation! Check out the Engagement and Physical Activities tab for virtual events and the opportunity to opt into free on-demand virtual fitness classes from Ramsey (Rec Sports).
Students acknowledge that its stay at the hotel is subject to a master housing agreement between the University of Georgia and Courtyard by Mariott (the “Housing Agreement”), and that such agreement imposes certain responsibilities related to students’ conduct at the hotel, their responsibility for charges related to the students’ stay, as well as other obligations. Students agree to comply with their obligations under that agreement and have reviewed and/or acknowledge that they have been informed by university of their obligations thereunder, and/or have waived their right to review such agreement.