rutherford hall north facade

Community Guide

If you've got a question about a housing policy, you've come to the right place. Our Community Guide answer just about any question you might have about living on campus, whether it is in a traditional residence hall, East Campus Village, Family and Graduate Housing, or the Health Sciences Campus. Below is a breakdown of topics covered in the guide.

Assignment policies and regulations
Information about the housing contract, roommate and housing assignments, room and hall changes, rent payments, visitation options, Greek housing, telephone and mail service, community activities, residence hall government, services for students with disabilities and more.

University Housing staff
What's the difference between a resident assistant and an area coordinator? Find out here. We have a complete listing of University Housing staff positions complete with job descriptions.

Community living standards
Read about your basic rights as a roommate and neighbor.

Policies and regulations
This section covers the can and can't-dos for students living in the residence halls -- our policies on cooking, modifying your room, hanging posters or other objects on the walls, keeping pets, recycling, smoking and using the laundry room, for starters.

Resident conduct codes
Learn about our policies for alcoholic beverages, firearms, fire safety and illegal drugs, as well as our judicial procedure for violation of housing policies.

Important numbers
This list includes numbers for University Housing and various community offices, in addition to numbers for various campus services and emergency contact information.

If you have a disability and would like to receive this guide in an alternative format, please contact University Housing by email at or by calling 706-542-1421.

Community Guides
2015-2016 Community Guide Cover
2015-2016 Community Guide
View PDF  

Facebook linkTwitter linkBlogger linkYouTube linkPinterest linkInstagram link

The provisions of this website do not constitute a contract, express or implied between 
any applicant, student or faculty member and the University of Georgia or the University System of Georgia.

MapsThe University of Georgia Residence Hall AssociationDonate Now!NHTI link

Home | Sitemap | UGA | Division of Student Affairs | Website Feedback | Contact Us | TEXT-ONLY VERSION

© University Housing, a Division of Student Affairs, The University of Georgia. All Rights Reserved.

The University of Georgia is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur GA 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of Georgia. Direct all other queries about programs, services or admissions directly to the University of Georgia, 706-542-3000.