Living on the Health Sciences Campus
The Health Sciences Campus is served by both the University of Georgia and Athens Clarke County bus routes. Route and service information may be obtained through UGA's Campus Transit System, as well as the Athens Transit System.
UGA Parking Services regulates the parking areas located on the Health Sciences Campus. Additional registration and permit information may be obtained through Parking Services.
Residents are encouraged to discuss any situation which may be disturbing with their neighbors. The staff within the Health Sciences Campus will typically not interfere with social activities taking place within a resident’s apartment unless these activities disturb neighbors or create hazardous conditions. Please contact the Health Sciences Campus office at 706-369-6047 if you are unable to resolve a conflict with your neighbor.
Security and Crime Prevention
Eliminating the opportunities for crime to occur is the main theme of crime prevention programs on campus. Residents are encouraged to always maintain an awareness of their surroundings and may contribute to their overall safety and the security of the community in the following ways:
- Always lock your door while in the residence. When leaving the residence, always lock the door and carry the key
- Report strangers to the Health Sciences Campus staff, UGA Police or the security personnel who patrol nightly. Do not attempt to confront the individual(s)
- Engrave all valuables through UGA's Operation Identification program
- Properly secure bikes and always lock car doors
- Do not leave valuables visible in your car
- Do not walk alone at night—always walk with a buddy.
- Report any obscene or harassing telephone calls or emails to UGA Police